- Ramajeyam Seeraga Samba Rice – 1 cup
- Water – 8 cups
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Saffron – 1 tsp
- Rose water – 2 tbsp
- Green Cardamom – 2 pods
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp (powdered)
- Almonds – few (broken and crushed)
- Remove seeds from cardamom pods and crush it lightly.
- Clean and soak rice in some water for 30 minutes.
- Crush the saffron lightly and soak it in some warm water for 30 minutes.
- Cook rice along with 8 cups of water in a open pan on low flame for 20 minutes.
- Once the rice is mushy and soft, add sugar, saffron water and mix it well.
- Once it starts thickening, add rose water, crushed cardamom and mix it well.
- Remove from the flame and add crushed almonds and cinnamon for garnishing.
- Allow it to cool down and refrigerate for few hours. Serve it chilled.