- Cooked Plain rice – 1 cup
- Chopped onions – 1/2 cup
- Chopped green chilies – 1 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves – 1 tbsp
- Besan / Gram Flour / Chickpeas Flour – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1/4 cup
- Baking Soda – a pinch
- Red Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooking Oil for frying
- Add onion, salt to taste, green chilies, chopped coriander leaves, 1/2 tsp red chili powder, along with cooked rice in a bowl and mix it well. Make small rice balls of this mix.
- Take another mixing bowl and add gram flour, rice flour, and baking soda, salt to taste, red chili powder, and turmeric powder. Mix it well by adding little by little water to make a dripping batter. The batter should be of dripping consistency.;
- Heat oil in frying pan and Keep it on medium flame. Make sure to check if oil is ready. You can check by dropping a small ball of the dough in the hot oil and if it immediately comes on top, oil is ready.
- Dip rice ball in the batter and fry it in oil.
- Fry till it turns golden brown. Remove from the pan and drain the excess oil and serve it hot with some coconut chutney or tomato sauce.
- You can use any type of Ramajeyam rice – BPT/Sona Masoori – (Single Boiled Rice (Puzhungal Arisi )/Raw rice) to make these bondas.