- Basmati rice – 1/2 cup
- Salt as per taste
- Cashews / raisins – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Milk – 6 cups
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Wash and coarse grind basmati rice in dry grinder.
- Fry some cashews and raisins in 1 tsp ghee and keep it aside.
- Now add milk in a pressure cooker and when it starts boiling, add rice and cook it on low flame for 5 minutes. Keep stirring in between.
- Close the cooker and keep it on low flame and let it cook and give 1 whistle.
- When pressure comes down, open the cooker and add sugar and mix till it gets dissolved.
- Add fried cashews, raisins and cardamom powder. If you feel that it’s too thick add little more milk and mix it well. Serve it hot or cold.
- Tip: Drop a steel small plate or spoon in your cooker to ensure that milk does not spill.