- Dosa batter – 6 cups
- Salt as per taste
- Finely chopped onion – 1 cup
- Boiled sweet corn – 1 cup
- Mustard seeds – 2 tsp
- Channa dal / bengal gram – 1 tbsp
- Urad dal / white lentil – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- 2 finely chopped green chillies
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Cooking oil (preferably sesame oil)
How To Prepare The Batter :
- Idli rice – 4 cups
- Urad dal / white lentil – 1 cup
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Wash and soak the rice in a bowl with enough water for 4-5 hours..
- Wash and soak urad dal along with fenugreek seeds in a separate bowls for 4-5 hours..
- Firstly grind the soaked urad dal with enough water to make a smooth batter..
- Next grind the rice with enough water..
- Transfer the content in a pan and add some salt to taste and mix it well. If you feel the batter is too thick add some more water and keep it overnight for fermentation..
- Do not make the batter too thin. It should be of flowing consistency, not runny. Once the batter rises and it has fermented, you can use it to make Idli.